Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Snickers Pie & Orange Julius

Since I've been home this summer I've been baking more than ever! Actually the two recipes I'm going to share you don't actually "bake", but are great for cooling down during this summer heat! Frozen Snickers Pie is a new recipe I made for the first time to take to the lake for the Memorial Day weekend. I'd say it was definitely a hit and very easy to make! Orange Julius is one that we used to make when I was little, so the recipe may need to be tweaked a bit because it's just what I remember from memory. It did turn out pretty good, although Kelly suggested more ice cream....um, honey there is NO ice cream in orange julius!

Frozen Snickers Pie
Graham cracker crust (I think a chocolate Oreo crust would be good too)
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 tub cool whip
Approx. 2-3 Snickers candy bars, chopped (butterfingers would be good also)
1/4 cup chocolate Hershey's syrup
1/4 cup caramel ice cream sauce

Mix softened ice cream with half of the chopped candy bars and cool whip. Spoon mixture into crust. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauces.
Freeze for 4 hours. Decorate pie with remaining candy bars.

Orange Julius
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
10-12 ice cubes (or as many as you want to get the consistency you like)

Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender. Blend for about 1-2 minutes, adding ice cubes two at a time.

2 comments:

:) said...

Mmmmm....both sound so good! :) I will have to try them sometime soon!!!

Kylie said...

I think I just decided what I want on my birthday! Maybe with Butterfingers AND Snickers!